Thursday, February 23, 2012

He's one Fungi

So, I have this crazy love affair that's been going on since I was a teenager.

Anytime I go out, I try to get him to join me.

I daydream about him while at work.

I think about the next time I can get him close to my mouth.

Sometimes, I have to hide my deep love from my husband so he doesn't get jealous.

Thankfully, my husband doesn't have the same affair with him as I do--in fact, Jake thinks he stinks.

Who's this guy that has captured my heart??

Anyone who's ever ordered a pizza with me, know's it's fungi aka mushrooms.

I LOOOOVE MUSHROOMS!  I love them fried (who doesn't love fried!!), I love them sauteed, I love them on burgers, I love them on top of chicken,  I love them smothered with cheese, and I love that they are on my meal plan.

This is what I've been eating pretty regularly at night:


They are so good!  I swear I could become a vegetarian and substitute Mushrooms for Meat.  SOO GOOD!!  I will say, I don't like them raw--texture is off and they just don't taste the same.

I am hoping to take advice from a co-worker and grill some big, fat Portobello's and stuff them with cheese.  Cheese + Mushrooms = One Happy Lady!  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment