Friday, April 13, 2012

Being the Bad Guy....

My husband is the bad guy....

He tells me no.

A lot sometimes.

More than I'd like to admit....

I don't know what came over me, but Monday and Tuesday all I wanted was a basket of deep fried, crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside Chicken Fingers with a plate of steaming hot, perfectly salted, crisp French Fries.  Oh and can't forget the ginormous thing of Heinz Ketchup on the side.
Yes, yes, come into my mouth little ones.....nom, nom, nom, nom....

Thankfully, my husband is most excellent at being the 'bad' guy and tells me no.  Where would I be without him?  Probably hunched over a McDonald's dumpster caressing fries saying "My Preccccioussssss"---that's where I'd be without him.

Seriously though, I owe him a huge thanks for helping me with my food issues.  I get to repay him by making him work out with me between going boxing.

These cravings come and go, but for the life of me I can't figure out what triggers them.  Is it hormones?  Another food I'm eating?  Just plain ole boredom?  

Life will be great--all fresh veggies and lean meat--and then........POW!  SLAP!  OUCH!  

CRRRAAVVINNNGGSS!!!  

HORRIBLE EAT YOURSELF INTO A COMA, OMG, I WANT SOME MCD's NUGGETS IN MY MOUTH RIGHT NOWWWWWWWWW kinda cravings.  It's bad, I know....

But, as nearly as quick as they come, the cravings go and I don't want to even look at something fried and the smell of it makes me want to vomit in a bucket of 10-piece KFC chicken.  

What's up with this--is it my will power that jumps back into overdrive?  Or, do I just realize that I don't really want it, it's more of just a comfort food I naturally turn to when I'm feeling down or insecure.

I have a feeling it's the latter of the two, or maybe a little bit of both.  There's chocolate galore at work and amazingly I'm able to keep my chocolate nibbling's down to just a few pieces and some days I make it a point to pass it up.  Writing this now makes me want to completely stop nibbling on chocolate...

Anyway, to my readers out there, do you have cravings?  If you've lost weight before, did you or do you still run into these days where no matter what you do you just want to stuff yourself silly with bad food you used to eat?

I'm hoping that by making a menu for the upcoming week, I can use foods that I love that are on my meal plan to offset any potential negative cravings.  I do have good cravings sometimes--like I crave water a lot now and sometimes all I want is a salad with my favorite dressing and croutons.  I'll let you know how it goes :o)  

Oh and follow my blog dang it!!  I had no followers and now I have one and she's just lonely.  She needs a follower friend.  




No comments:

Post a Comment