Thursday, April 26, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things....

I did it.

I ate freaking McDonald's again.

I soooo didn't want to tell Jake because I knew he'd make a face and be disappointed with me.  But you know what, I ate McDonald's, thought 'Eh, that was pretty good, but not amazing', and I still went to work out tonight AND I didn't fuck up my dinner just cause I sucked it up today at lunch.

The old Sarah would have told herself 'Well, shit--you already ate McD's so what's a little ice cream, chocolate and some yummy Pantera's pizza gonna hurt?'.  Today I was like, 'Oh crap!  Oh crap!  Oh crap!!  I can't believe I let myself down so now I must eat veggies, lean pork and some salad tonight'.  I'm a good girl, I'm just bad sometimes.

It's funny, in a not so ha-ha way, that I didn't follow my meal plan today because I was just talking to one of my best friends, Kate (Hi Kate!), who has also embarked on her own weight loss journey recently, about all the bad shit I used to eat and why I didn't want to eat it any more.  I think I jinxed myself.

Anyway....why don't I want to eat all the bad stuff any more?  Well for starters it made me super fat.

How fat you ask?  So fat that I was seriously inching toward 300 lbs.

300 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  FUCK!!

So yeah, I was scared and started to pay attention and investigate how I got to that weight.

Well let's take a look at the old diet which consisted of eating out .... a lot .... majorly a lot.  

These are a few of my favorite things....

  • Olive Garden - 
    • Five Cheese Ziti - 1050 Calories
    • Don't forget the Salad - 290 Calories
    • Oh and at least 1 breadstick - 150 Calories
      • Can you believe that the BREAD was less than the salad?  Shocker!
  • McDonalds - 
    • 10 Piece Chicken Nuggets - 500 Calories
    • Large Fry - 470 Calories
    • Large Coke - 310 Calories
  • Pizza - 
    • Sausage and Mushroom Baby!  Yum! - 1350 Calories
      • Let's face it, I could down nearly a whole pizza.  Ugh...depressing to admit.
  • Ben & Jerry's
    • Pint O Ice Cream - 1050 Calories
  • Qdoba
    • Ground Sirloin Nacho's - 1285 Calories
      • I had no freaking idea it was this much!!!  I used to eat this at lunch at least once a week!!  AHHH!  Why did I not know this!?!?!
  • Red Robin
    • Crispy Chicken Sandwich with Fries - 1103 Calories
So let's say it's Friday and I went out to Qdoba for lunch and had Nacho's, a Coke, and then went to Red Robin for Dinner and got Ben and Jerry's for dessert, I would have consumed.....

OVER 3500 CALORIES IN ONE DAY!!

I mean, that doesn't even count breakfast or any in-between snacking/drinking I may have done.  Damn...

Gee, I guess that's how I got to be 287 lbs.  Yup, I said my starting weight - I can't believe I was brave enough to tell the world, but there it is in black and white.  2 8 7 .... as Joey would say 'Whoa!'

What was my weight this morning?  2 5 6!  Oh yeah!  Broke my 10% weight loss goal and down 31 lbs.  Hot dog!!  I am feeling good!

For those that follow me and read my blog, what were some of your fave foods and their calorie counts?  Anything surprise you?  


No comments:

Post a Comment