Sunday, January 8, 2012

Being told no....

Being told no as a kid is hard enough, but being told no as an adult is just as hard, if not more so.

As a kid I was told no, you can't visit someone or no, you can't take the car.  As adult, I get the joy of being told no to food.  Since I am and have been a picky eater for nearly all my life, I've gotten into the nasty habit of having a meat and potatoes lifestyle.  And at times, mainly potatoes...

So now I have a challenge ahead of me of changing my eating habits and embracing a lot more veggies and fruits into my diet.  And in general, watching my potato addiction.  Why do potatoes have to taste so damn good?!?!?!  They taste even better with ketchup!  Damn them!

Anyway, I have to tell 'No' to myself and rely on the help of my husband.  It's very hard and somewhat depressing.  I'm looking to the future though and hoping that as I open my mind and my palate to new foods, I'll hopefully find a love affair with new veggies I've yet to discover and maybe learn to love a few I like right now.  Here's to trying new things and telling myself 'YES!' to new foods!

If any of my readers have any suggestions, feel free to message me on Facebook or leave a comment here.

No comments:

Post a Comment