Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Oh! My Clementine!!

Well, I did it!  I ate my first Clementine....and I liked it!  Except every time I touched that weird white stuff on it, I kind of wanted to barf.  Ugh...
Every wedge was great--super juicy, sweet, and best of all, satisfying.  Except for that damn pith.  It was kind of fuzzy looking, felt sticky in a weird, non-yummy-fruit way.  I just kept telling myself 'Don't think about the pith, Don't think about the pith."  Yet every time I popped a wedge in my mouth I couldn't help but look at it and go "Ew!  Why does it have to be fuzzy?!?!".  Honestly, I have to say it never felt fuzzy in my mouth and as soon as I sunk my teeth into it a wedge, the fresh sweetness totally downed out any of the bad parts.  

I will say the only down side was that I got a touch of heartburn afterward and my mouth/throat felt itchy.  I keep getting that feeling after I eat fruit, but it goes away quickly.  I think it's all in my head, but we'll see if it goes away the more I eat fruit and experiment with new things.  

But seriously, what's with that nasty pith?  Can't they make it less pithy by genetically engineering the fruit.  I am sure someone out there is fainting by the fact I want a genetically engineered less pithy clementine.  What can I say, I'm a picky eater!

1 comment:

  1. the cuties, ez-peel oranges are much easier to get more of the pith off. i am the same way about oranges!

    ReplyDelete