Sunday, January 29, 2012

And the winner is....

Brussels Sprouts!  

Actually, Tilapia won too, so I will give that a whirl next week. 

Here's the final vote tally:
  • Brussels Sprouts - 4 Votes
  • Tilapia - 4 Votes
  • Eggplant - 2 Vote
  • Oranges - 1 Vote   **Clearly someone felt pity for me ;o)
I must say, I was pretty pumped about the voting and letting my readers decide, but as it got closer to Friday, the more nervous I got.  It's all fun and games until I have to do it!  I think I just have some anxiety about preparing the recipe I chose (see below) and dreading the fact that I may actually hate everything about these mini-cabbages.  I am preparing them on Wednesday so check back to see if I liked, loved, or hated them.  I'm hoping to take pics of the entire process---especially my face during my first bite.  

Here's the recipe I have chosen to go with:  Ina Garten's Roasted Brussels Sprouts  

It's simple (an idiot really could make it) and the reviews were great.  On a side note, anyone else incorrectly call them Brussel Sprouts?  Apparently it's BrusselS Sprouts.  Who knew!?!




1 comment:

  1. i agree! i really thought i would like brussel sprouts too! i tried them a while back, sauteed with bacon (everything is better with bacon)! YUCK! they do have this weird bitter earthy taste. pretty much the only two veggies that i do not like ... brussel sprouts and asparagus!

    ReplyDelete